Monday, July 9, 2012

Just keep swimming...

Hey everyone! Happy summer!! My last post was on April 24, and I am kind of annoyed at myself for not updating my blog. That's a long time!!

Weight today- 151.6. Yes, yes... I have struggled the past few months at losing weight. 5.4 pounds in 2 and a half months is pretty pathetic, but in all fairness to myself, today is Monday, and on Friday, I was 149.6. And then this weekend I partied ALLL weekend which was really not helpful, but I got it out of my system (including Friday-into-Saturday when I partied until 8 a.m.). I am pretty convinced the 2 pound increase was water retention and the pizza that I ate on Saturday. (Pizza is a well-known cure for hangovers). But I was super good all day today, and I am guessing I will be around 150.2 or so tomorrow morning. Therefore, in the last 2.5 months, I have lost about 7-8 pounds, which is about average (3 pounds a month).

CRAZY changes have happened in the last few months, so, even though the weight loss has been super super slow, I am very glad I have actually lost weight and not gained it or stayed the same. We had family tragedy strike, I had a couple of unhappy moments with close friends, sad news from other close friends, SEVERAL bouts of depressed loneliness, EXTREME stress from work (it's gotten really bad), and I am starting my own business. So, with everything that's going on, I guess I should stop bitching that I haven't lost all that much weight and focus on my achievement of losing ANYTHING (although, I have maintained this same weight for the last month).

Anyway, I am now a size 6, which is in-fucking-credible!! I have never been this small! Remember those black Charlotte Russe pants I mentioned in one of my previous blogs? They are soooo HUGE on me now! I still wear them to work because I need dress pants and can't afford all the new clothes I need. Plus the fact that I still have about 20 pounds to go, it would be kind of pointless to spend a fortune on clothes that I am going to outgrow (outgrow?? Outshrink??? What is the right word??). Although, I DID spend a moderate fortune a few weeks ago. I needed summer clothes BAAAAAD. I had 2 pairs of jeans which were pretty big on me. NO shorts, and no summery tops. So I went to Sears and American Eagle and bought a bunch of cute stuff and spent close to $300. ALL of the tops are size SMALL!!!! Yes.... that's right! SMALL!!! I would feel wretched about spending that much on clothes that will outgrow/outshrink me, but since I bought a bunch of size small tops, they should still fit me when I am 20 pounds lighter, right?? I mean, what size is smaller than a small???

So anyway, I am a size 6 in jean shorts from American Eagle (although, truth be told, they are a little snug) so I am excited to see what happens when I keep shedding the pounds!! 133 here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment